Sunday, September 25, 2016

The Calm before the Fashion Storm

You remember me telling you about my friend Sylvie, whom I met almost 30 years ago when she worked as an au pair in New Jersey?  Based in Paris, Sylvie flies all over the world for Air France.  Over the years, she has become a true parisienne d’esprit, although her heart will always be in her native Provence.  And, like a true parisienne, she can’t wait to get out of town from time to time. 



Fashion Week Spring (Fall/Winter) 2016 from Loewe Show - Marcus Tondo Indigital.tv

If you’re not involved in the fashion industry, there’s no better time to get the heck out of Dodge than Fashion Week, which begins with Lucien Pellat Finet’s show this Tuesday, the 27th, and ends with Miu Miu on Wednesday, the 5th.  



In between those two dates, Paris will be a total mob scene!  You won’t be able to get into your favorite restaurants, and forget about getting an appointment at your favorite spa. 

So, before Sylvie left for her home in Montpellier last week, she checked in for a day of beauty at her favorite Parisian spa, Free Persephone



Located in the heart of Paris on boulevard Raspail in the 6th arrondissement, Free Persephone is the first Fragrance Day Spa in Paris.  It’s decorated like a cozy, New England seaside cottage, and the moment you walk in you are immediately immersed in a sea of scents. 

 



All their artisanal fragrances made in Grasse are available in their boutique,
 

 

And, in addition to their top-to-toe face and body treatments, they have an adorable little Salon de thé, 

 


Which offers an assortment of delicious pastries.  I can’t think of a lovelier way to spend the day with a special friend, can you? 
 



In case you’re wondering where the name Persephone comes from, it comes from the Greek Goddess Persephone, who was the daughter of Zeus and Demeter the Harvest Goddess.  Persephone is associated with spring and fertility.  According to Sylvie, a day at Free Persephone is like a breath of spring, and you’ll leave feeling reborn. 
 
Free Persephone is on our “Must Do Together” List for my next séjour in Paris. Merci beaucoup, Sylvie.  I’m looking forward to spending the day with my special friend and to feeling like a new woman.  



6 comments:

  1. What a lovely place to relax and be pampered! I looked at their website via the link you provided. . .the fragrances sound delightful, and I wish we could find them here. Enjoy your time with your friend. It really sounds so very delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look lovely, doesn't it? I always trust Sylvie's judgment in such matters. Not sure when I'll be heading back to Paris, but soon, I hope. You might want to add Free Persephone to your list when you go.

      Thanks for stopping by,

      Cheers, M-T

      Delete
  2. I'll have to add this to my bucket list, Marie-Therese! Sounds lovely. What a stylish, comfortable establishment. I will never say no to friend time either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This should definitely go on your bucket list. The founder and proprietor of Free Persephone is a transplanted New Yorker.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Cheers, M-T

      Delete
  3. Dearest Marie-Thérèse,
    Oh sure that would make for a lovely 'Must Do Together' and I would turn back to the Provence any time; provided that the weather is as lovely as when we were there. Combining those lovely wedding days with visits of family and friends was not ideal but we still savored it; with all its limitations.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weddings, family and friends -- how wonderful! I will be having my cousin's daughter (my 2nd cousin, I suppose), and her children here for a visit from France the middle of this month. We'll probably be spending most of our time in Manhattan. I'm so looking forward to it. It will be her third visit to the Big Apple, and the first with her children.

    Gros bisous, ma chère,

    M-T

    ReplyDelete

My dear Readers, I do so love reading your comments and appreciate the time you take to make them. To make it easier to leave your comments, I have disabled that annoying "Word Verification" setting, which Blogger (in its infinite wisdom) enabled without my consent.

If you have a problem posting your comment, just send it to me at frenchtouchimage@gmail.com.

I will be happy to post it for you and link back to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...