Friday, May 13, 2016

This Spring’s Must-Have Floral Day Dress

Remember my post on the versatility of a brightly-colored spring skirt (see “Spring Skirts and French Apologies”)? They are one of the spring/summer essentials that should be in every woman’s closet. 


Another spring/summer wardrobe essential is the floral day dress, and Uniglo, in collaboration with Liberty of London, known for its beautiful floral prints, has made the easy, breezy spring dress even easier and breezier by adding a built-in bra.  Wow!!  No more fretting over a bra strap slithering down your arm just when you are trying to look oh-so-chic and work your je ne sais quoi. 







This beautiful floral dress is 27% cotton, 5% spandex, machine washable, and at $29.90, it’s an absolute steal. 

And here’s the inside scoop on the best part:


The built-in bra is seamless, gives excellent support and – shhhh! – no one will know it’s there. 


 

For Details on this Dress, click here.


These dresses come in long and short and an array of beautiful florals. 

But, when you’ve got a good thing going, you work it.  So, there’s a whole line of tops with the built-in bra, as well. 


 


This little marinière sleeveless top is one of my favorites. 



Check out Uniglo or Liberty for Uniqlo to see more of this vibrant collection.  It’s a wonderful marriage of vintage-inspired fabrics with a decidedly modern feel. 

Uniglo’s store pickup policy makes it easy to order.  You simply order online and the item will be shipped to the store nearest you in two business days.  Or, you can have it shipped directly to you in five to seven business days.  For more details on shipping and return policy, just click here.  

7 comments:

  1. I am more of a plain girl myself. However I am going to try out a dress by a Brand that uses liberty print fabrics, which I think are gorgeous. So we will see and I will check out the liberty prints at Uniqlo when I am next in central London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do let me know what you think. Normally, I'm not a fan of shopping on line for myself, but my contacts tell me these items are keepers, and you can't beat the price.

      I think a small, floral print would look stunning on you. If I've learned anything in the Image Consulting business, it's "never say never."

      Thanks for stopping by, Josephine.

      Cheers, M-T

      Delete
  2. Dearest Marie-Thérèse,
    Oh, those slithered down bra straps can look so very ugly... You see it so often!
    I'm not too fond of such prints but I do have some dresses with prints on.
    Escada did solve the bra strap slithering problem by often insert a very clever little strap with snap for securing it!
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two or three dresses w/little snaps in the sleeves to secure my bra straps, but I always end up asking Dan for help w/the tiny snaps, and he always complains his fingers are too big for such delicate work. But, that said, the snaps do work well. However, I do like the idea of a built-in bra for summer. It just feels so nice and easy.

      I think you would look lovely in a small floral print for spring, especially w/your coloring.

      Big hugs, my dear,

      M-T

      Delete
    2. You might be very right about the small floral print! I had to laugh about Dan; he looks like being kin to Pieter... Haha!
      Hugs,
      Mariette

      Delete
  3. I bought this dress and love how easy, yet stylish it is to wear! I got the blue, but the store didn't have the red one. So I may go back to see if it was restocked. Truly, it's as comfortable as wearing a t-shirt.

    Summer dressing is fun ... and wash and wear clothes can just as stylish as fussy numbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the red one sold out pretty quickly -- right after I published this post, it seems. Anyway, I'm so glad you like the dress. The feedback from contacts in the biz and my readers has been all positive. Like you, I'm all about easy and comfortable in the summer, particularly if you can remain stylish.

      Summer clothes are rarely where you want to spend the big bucks, unless, of course, for a special occasion. Even then, I have some summer dresses that cost little and look like a million.

      Thanks for stopping by, Debra.

      Cheers, M-T

      Delete

My dear Readers, I do so love reading your comments and appreciate the time you take to make them. To make it easier to leave your comments, I have disabled that annoying "Word Verification" setting, which Blogger (in its infinite wisdom) enabled without my consent.

If you have a problem posting your comment, just send it to me at frenchtouchimage@gmail.com.

I will be happy to post it for you and link back to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...