Saturday, March 12, 2016

Finding Your Je Ne Sais Quoi

At the risk of tooting my own horn, here goes -- Toot! Toot!




I recently had the pleasure of being interviewed for my hometown newspaper, The Delaware County News, by a former high school classmate, Anne Neborak.  Anne has gone on to a wonderful career as an award-winning photojournalist.  

After catching up with our lives 46 years after graduation (YIKES!!) and marveling at the differences between then and now, which are, to borrow one of Donald Trump’s favorite words – “HUGE” – we got down to business. 



And the business was a discussion of fashion, style and finding your je ne sais quoi for those of us over 60. 




In the interest of full disclosure, I should acknowledge right here and now that the “Golden Rule” Anne quotes as mine at the end of the article was actually Mme Mère’s “Golden Rule,” and if you’ve read any of my posts on my late opera-singer mother, you can almost hear her saying it in that beautiful, mezzo-soprano voice I miss so much. 


I hope you enjoy Finding Your Je Ne Sais Quoi.    

And check out the companion post What Is Je Ne Sais Quoi?


            

7 comments:

  1. Hello Marie-Thérèse, Very nice interview - I always look forward reading your blog. Thanks for sharing the article. The quote by Mme Mère is so true...
    Hope you'll have a lovely weekend. With best wishes from Florida ~ ROSE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to hear from you, Rose. Blogger has been doing some bizarre things w/my connections to my readers lately, including removing some who do not have a Google profile. I'm so glad we are still connected. Always love your comments.

      Cheers, M-T

      Delete
  2. Dearest Marie-Thérèse,
    Chapeau for such an outstanding interview!
    Had to share this on Disqus, Pinterest and LinkedIn + Google+...
    Wish, only wish we would be able to find more such great stories as we need it in this society.
    Love Trump's word HUGE.
    Hope this will work well for you and wishing you ongoing success.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Mariette,

      Thank you for your kind words and, yes, "chapeau" is very à propos. Also, so nice of you to share on social media.

      I think Anne did a very nice job w/the interview. I'm pleased w/it, and I think Mme Mère would be, too.

      Your a wonderful friend, Mariette.

      Cheers, M-T

      Delete
    2. She sure did dearest Marie-Thérèse!
      Very funny as yesterday after Mass I got asked if I'm French... My dialect (when speaking to Pieter) sounds very much like it and we do have so much French interwoven in the Limburgs language. Makes me smile.
      Happy new week ahead.
      Mariette

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed the article and agree with the points you made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Josephine, on both counts.

      Cheers, M-T

      Delete

My dear Readers, I do so love reading your comments and appreciate the time you take to make them. To make it easier to leave your comments, I have disabled that annoying "Word Verification" setting, which Blogger (in its infinite wisdom) enabled without my consent.

If you have a problem posting your comment, just send it to me at frenchtouchimage@gmail.com.

I will be happy to post it for you and link back to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...