Monday, September 14, 2015

Le Look Goes from Summer to Fall

Friday morning I got my husband off on his annual fall golf trip to the Pocono Mountains in northeastern Pennsylvania.  

Split Rock Lodge Golf Course

The house seems so quiet as I pad around in my slippers, while Cecilia and Allegra tip toe about on dainty cat paws.  It’ll be just us dainty, little girls, at least for a few more days. 

Leaves are already beginning to gather on my patio – bright gold and russet.   I have a feeling this will be a colorful fall. 

It’s time to get serious and get back to work. 



Web Cam Quick Capture Photo - Not the Best Lighting - I Often Work at Night

This is me getting serious and getting back to work at my desk.  Note the glasses and red lipstick.  I see better with glasses (Ha! Who am I kidding?  I can’t see a thing without them.), and I think better with red lipstick.  No kidding!  Seriously….when I want to get down to serious business, I always wear red lipstick.  It makes me feel powerful and in charge.  Just one of my many quirks, no doubt inherited from Mme Mère, who believed that life doesn’t trifle with a woman wearing red lipstick.   

This is my new favorite color for fall -- Laura Mercier’s Paint Wash Liquid Lip Color in Sun Blaze.  It’s the perfect golden red for what promises to be a colorful season. 

Here is what Pantone has to say about the fall 2015 color palette:

Fall 2015: An Evolving Color Landscape
This season displays an umbrella of accord that weaves earthy neutrals with a range of bold color statements and patterns to reflect a landscape of hope, fun, fantasy and all things natural.  (M-T Note:  Somebody got paid BIG BUCKS to come up with that overblown description.  Clearly I’m in the wrong business!)

Wow!  Who knew so much was riding on a simple, seasonal color palette...........excuse me, “Evolving Color Landscape!!!??” 

Translation:  Fall colors will be a mix of quiet neutrals and bold colors and patterns, which is always a great way to transition pieces from your summer wardrobe to fall. 

The outfit I’ve put together here could easily take you from warm days to cooler evenings.  Basically, I started with neutral, summery pieces and added bold fall colors and patterns. 
 
You probably already have similar items in your closet right now.     

For information on each of these pieces, click here

Now, let’s take a stroll along the boulevards of Paris and see what the Mesdames et Mesdemoiselles are wearing. 



As Stéphanie takes a quiet pause-café at the counter of her favorite Parisian café, we take a quick pause to admire how she has effortlessly transitioned her black-and-white ensemble from summer to fall.  Tropical print trousers, sheer white top and black, high-heeled sandals give the nod to summer, while the tailored suit jacket definitely gives the eye to fall. 



Here, Juliette wears a t-shirt in a bold, summery print over a black pencil skirt and then tops it with a leather jacket.  This is such a great look that works well for almost any body type at any age, because it’s classic with an edge. 

Want to go for a bit more color?  How about this? 



Mathilde really rocks these bright green pants, n’est-ce pas?  And I would kill to have those fabulous booties, if only they came in my size!!  Hélas!  Now, before you dismiss this outfit because you are larger on the bottom than on the top and think you can’t wear a bright color on the bottom, think again.  Brightly colored trousers must fit like a glove.  Once you’ve got the perfect fit, the horizontal, black-and-white stripes of the short jacket will balance out your proportions.  You can absolutely do this, curvy ladies!  



Prefer your pop of color on top to light up your face?  Stéphanie shows you how to take a casual, relaxed outfit in navy blue and kick it up several notches with a great one-button jacket in a bright, bold color.  I think this may be my favorite outfit.  I love the toucan print on the shirt.  C’est amusant, don’t you think?  


Of course, no fall wardrobe is complete without the perfect trench coat.



Just scrunch up those sleeves, tie the belt like a sash, and you’ll be every centimètre the Parisienne, like Anne-Sophie.  Of course, a great handbag and booties are absolutely de rigueur with a great trench. 

For more information on these great Paris looks, click here.


See how easy this is?  Now it’s your turn.  Send me a picture of yourself in your favorite summer-to-fall look.  I love getting your pictures as much as I love getting your comments.  And....you may just be a source of inspiration for someone else.  

10 comments:

  1. Stephanie is my favorite, but it might be b/c of the shoes :) And yes, who thinks up this ad copy?? Are they kidding?! And I learned a new word today -- helas, had to look it up. Actually I'm sure I learned it taking 7 years of French, but had forgotten. Useful word for life's little disappointments. And I love that pic of you M-T. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, Deborah, Stephanie's shoes are really gorgeous, aren't they? I'm so glad you learned a new French word today, although you probably ran across it in your seven years of studying French. Your comment takes me back to my years of teaching French Every French word you ever learned is probably still hidden away in your brain just waiting for the right moment to resurface. At least....that's my theory.

      Here's hoping that life's disappointments for you are few and that you will have few occasions to use your new word.

      Cheers, M-T

      Delete
  2. Stephanie in the first photo is my favorite too, followed by the fabulous trench and booties. You look adorable while you're working! I am going to try red lipstick to help me jump start my stalled blog. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Kathleen. Stephanie has that ineffable air of "la parisienne" about her, and those shoes!!! A great trench and booties will always make you feel put together.

      I highly recommend a great red lipstick to help you get your blog moving again. Let me know how it goes. How about a picture??

      Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.

      Cheers, M-T

      Delete
  3. You're so right about the wording! Big bucks was spent on that wording. I love their pontificating about colors and I end up simply wearing what I like. That red lip looks fabulous on you. Bravo gorgeous!
    xx~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, wouldn't we both be making a fortune if we could tap into that "ad" market? I can do hyperbole as well as the next guy/gal, as can you. Thanks for the compliment on my red lipstick. Mme Mère really knew her lipstick.

      xoxo, M-T

      Delete
  4. Dearest Marie-Thérèse,
    Wow, what beautiful eyes you got! Even if you have to hide them behind glasses... What would we do without them?! Love the glossy golden red lipstick on you; so perfect.
    As for the selections, I would go with the off white jeans, rose earrings and the Trench coat. Love her jeans and booties too!
    Sending you hugs and enjoy this transitional season where we can really enjoy the outdoors again. For us it is back to tea on the balcony!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love your picks -- white jeans, rose earrings and the Trench coat definitely make my list, too, not to mention great booties -- so versatile and ageless.

      We are currently enjoying cooler nights, but days are still a bit warm for my taste. Still.....I can feel fall nipping at summer's heels.

      Gros bisous, ma chère,

      M-T

      Delete
  5. M-T, I truly enjoyed this post! It has given me great ideas on how to mix my summer and fall clothes for cooler weather. Now, I am only hoping fall will show up soon in CA.

    The red lipstick looks great on you! I will have to try that trick when I settle in for work.
    Cheers!
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have fall in CA very soon. It's such a lovely season on the west coast.

      What is your perfect shade of red lipstick? Do share w/us.

      BTW, my Dear, thanks for the link to this post on your latest post. Much appreciated.

      Cheers, M-T

      Delete

My dear Readers, I do so love reading your comments and appreciate the time you take to make them. To make it easier to leave your comments, I have disabled that annoying "Word Verification" setting, which Blogger (in its infinite wisdom) enabled without my consent.

If you have a problem posting your comment, just send it to me at frenchtouchimage@gmail.com.

I will be happy to post it for you and link back to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...