Sunday, May 24, 2015

Memorial Day 2015

I wrote the following Post for Memorial Day 2012, but I don't think I can say it any better this year.  And so, with apologies to those who may have read it once, I hope you will enjoy it once more. 

Photo Credit: 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment
Pvt. Aaron Johnson 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard), places a small American Flag in front of a grave at Arlington National Cemetery. During an approximately three-hour period, the soldiers place flags in front of more than 260,000 gravestones and about 7,300 niches at the cemetery's columbarium.
Have a wonderful Memorial Day Holiday, and remember to keep in your hearts and prayers all those who serve and protect the least among us. 


The 25th annual Fleet Week festivities will end tomorrow, Memorial Day. Our young men and women in uniform have been filling the streets of New York all week. As the child of a Naval Officer and the wife of a Vietnam era Army Veteran, I feel a special bond with the families of these extraordinary young men and women, some of whom may be called upon to give, in the words of Abraham Lincoln “…the last full measure of devotion…” to their country.

On this Memorial Day, I would like to give you a glimpse into the softer side of these brave warriors who serve and protect the most vulnerable among us.

 
 









Happy Memorial Day........May We Never Forget Those Who Serve and Protect !!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed this post, Sandy. Have a wonderful Memorial Day.

      Cheers, M-T

      Delete
  2. Wonderful! Happy Memorial Day!
    xoxo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you, my Friend. Chat soon.

      xoxo, M-T

      Delete
  3. Dearest Marie-Thérèse,
    Lovely photos that speak a strong message. Great post for the event. Sorry, I got way behind in blog visits...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

My dear Readers, I do so love reading your comments and appreciate the time you take to make them. To make it easier to leave your comments, I have disabled that annoying "Word Verification" setting, which Blogger (in its infinite wisdom) enabled without my consent.

If you have a problem posting your comment, just send it to me at frenchtouchimage@gmail.com.

I will be happy to post it for you and link back to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...