Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Wild Side of Lady-Like – MEOW!

Talbots’ August catalog arrived with a sneak peak of what’s in store (double entendre intended) for fall.  They have gone WILD and married lady-like pink with animal prints.  It’s more of a “meow” than a full-throated “roar,” and I love it!!


The color Pink is a feminine, nurturing color that projects love, warmth and sexuality.   Pale pink comes from the summer color palette, and adding it to animal prints (the traditional mating call of the fall fashion season) is a brilliant way to transition to autumn.  It’s unexpected, and it works! 

I’ve selected a few of my favorites, which, you can be sure, I will be checking out at my local Talbots post haste. 



Here they’ve paired the animal dot and canyon pink top ($89.50) with a sleek black leather pencil skirt ($179) and pink blush cabochon earrings ($29.50).  When’s the last time you associated Talbots with racy black leather?  Hmmm?  Not your grandmother’s Talbots any more, well….at least not this season! 



Here the animal dot print is in the black/sea salt pencil skirt ($109).  The addition of a striped sweater ($69.50) is a great example of how to mix patterns.  The black banding at the bottom of the sweater creates a visual break between the two patterns allowing them to work together without competing for attention.  And the double-faced coat in canyon pink ($189) and croc-embossed clutch in light gravel leather ($129) add one large and one small pinch of pink. 



I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for a walk on the wild side in these leopard Baya ankle boots ($219).  Now, if only they came in my size (4B)………………heavy sigh!!


 
Afraid to let your feral side run free?  Well, why not go for a stroll in something a bit more tame that’s still part of the animal kingdom?  How about a traditional loafer in tortoiseshell patent ($119)?  How cute is that? 



Still not sure whether to go whole (wild) hog?  Well, how about these gorgeous, grey suede pumps ($149) with a discreet tortoiseshell plaque.  Never has running wild looked so lady-like. 

 

 

I don't know about you, but a leopard enamel bangle bracelet ($39.50) always brings out the animal in me.



And this tortoiseshell-buckle belt ($54.50) in gravel/indigo blue leather and black/mulberry leather will satisfy both the sophisticated lady and the wild child in you.  It’s reversible -- the perfect travelling companion! 


Well, Ladies, how about it?  Shall we take a stroll on the wild side this fall and see what happens? 








Meow!
 
 













Are you ready for fall?  Check out my "END OF SUMMER SPECIAL!!"

10 comments:

  1. Love the pink coat. Just my sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can absolutely see you in that coat! Just your style!

      Cheers, M-T

      Delete
  2. Dearest Marie-Thérèse,
    Living with felines I do at times let my meow side shine! Depending on my mood and mostly in the fall or winter!
    In the 80s I did buy regularly from Talbots and still have some favorites; great quality and superb fit.
    Sending you summer hugs. I was on the balcony but escaped inside as it is so hot and humid. We will have our tea on the balcony now...
    Love,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Mariette, I knew there was a wild side to you!! I have been a Talbots shopper on and off, myself. I still have some of my classic pieces from the 90s that are in beautiful shape.

      Enjoy your tea on the balcony, my chère.
      Love, M-T

      Delete
  3. It certainly doesn't look anything like the Talbots I remember!! I love the soft pink, leopard combo. Now that I realize what sort of things they have, I'll swing by for a look see. Hope all is well on your side of the country. xo ~J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That soft pink would look stunning on you. Just your shade. I'm hoping to give the new togs a good look see next week when I have some free time.

      I am sooooo overdue for an e-mail to you, my dear. Soon. I promise.

      xoxo, M-T

      Delete
  4. I love the pink coat, and the gray suede pumps. I have some animal print in my closet, and love it (in small doses, though).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink coat is really gorgeous, and I have a special fondness for grey suede pumps (have two pairs, one w/black patent piping). I adore animal prints as accents, as well. I have a pair of tiger-striped shoes and my favorite leopard scarf comes out every fall. It makes a lovely sash for a summer straw hat, too.

      Cheers, M-T

      Delete
  5. use to do their catalog + when I was a stylist(long time ago) + Wow what a change + I will give a look at them now. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, Talbots did some soul searching after falling sales numbers and this is the result. Looks as if they may be on the right track -- classic with a bit of an edge -- perfect for us Ladies of a certain age.

      Thanks for stopping by, Peggy.

      Cheers, M-T

      Delete

My dear Readers, I do so love reading your comments and appreciate the time you take to make them. To make it easier to leave your comments, I have disabled that annoying "Word Verification" setting, which Blogger (in its infinite wisdom) enabled without my consent.

If you have a problem posting your comment, just send it to me at frenchtouchimage@gmail.com.

I will be happy to post it for you and link back to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...