Wednesday, July 2, 2014

EKE!! I Had That Swimsuit Nightmare Again!

Let’s be honest, Ladies, the older we get, the harder it gets to find a flattering swimsuit.  Even if we’ve only gained a few (relative term) pounds since college, things start to shift, drop and jiggle. 
 
For my plus-size clients, just the thought of trying on swimsuits in the harsh glare of a fitting room bulb makes them break out in a cold sweat.  Not gonna happen. 
 
And, then, the grandkids want Nana to take them to the beach or the pool this summer, and Nana can’t look those sweet little things in the eye and say, “Darlings, Nana would rather stick a hot poker in her eye than be seen in a swimsuit.”   
 
So, Nana has to find a swimsuit that won’t make her want to stick a hot poker in her eye.   Fortunately for Nana, they’re out there, and here are five of my favorites. 







Think you need to avoid prints and stick with solids?  Think again.  This adorable halter swimsuit in a bright, multi-colored print has cutout sides, a lightly padded bust and a slim-fit mesh lining to smooth and control all those little lumps and bumps.  And the best part is….it’s on sale for $18.00. 




How about this basic black print dotted all over with delicious red cherries?  The fabric stretches (20% spandex) comfortably with you.  The wider straps provide support, the front is lined, the bust padded and there is light boning on the side to smooth and control.   Esther Williams (1921–2013), Hollywood’s favorite mermaid, knew a thing or two about swimsuits, and her designs for plus-size ladies are always beautifully executed and very flattering. 



This is one of Esther Williams’ most flattering plus-size suits.  This sassy, retro suit has the same figure-flattering features as the previous one, with low-cut legs and a bit of ruching across the front……….and we all know the benefits of a bit of ruching strategically placed. 



This color-block suit in black and white has all the previous features mentioned with slightly higher-cut legs and a tacked sash that wraps from white to black on a diagonal.  Diagonal lines that cut across the body, particularly at the waist are universally slimming. 



You can’t beat this little black suit.  The sweetheart neckline peeking through a sheer overlay gives this swimsuit a classic and classy sex appeal.  And, it’s got tummy control.  Don’t we love that? 

So, Nana, put on that dishy new swimsuit, grab a plastic bucket and take your grandkids to the beach.  You look fabulous!

6 comments:

  1. Dearest Marie-Thérèse,
    Guess a lot of us women are facing this dilemma in summer... No matter what, you want to look nice and decent when out on the beach or at the pool.
    For me the visit to the Colonnade Outlets at Sawgrass Mills at the Wolford boutique proved my luck as I could snatch up a black swimbody from $ 395.00 for $ 98.75! I could do the happy dance.
    As for the Word Verification, I have changed my list since the ugly puzzle word has gone. Now only 3 simple digits are needed and it hardly is any effort. So glad this got resolved by Blogger - FINALLY!
    Hugs to you and enjoy your summer.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a deal you did snag on your swimsuit!! Kudos!! I'm so glad you got your Blogger issued resolved. Sometimes it's the little things that drive us bloggers crazy.

      Happy summer, ma chère,

      M-T

      Delete
  2. I agree it is a problem especially as I have a pair shaped figure. I have found a lovely one with a very flattering skirt that I will be photographing in france soon and featuring on a post. It is a very forgiving shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see the photo! I'll be stopping by very soon.

      We LOVE a forgiving shape!!

      Cheers, M-T

      Delete
  3. Really nice swimsuit suggestions. Like the designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Judi. Hope to see you again.

      Delete

My dear Readers, I do so love reading your comments and appreciate the time you take to make them. To make it easier to leave your comments, I have disabled that annoying "Word Verification" setting, which Blogger (in its infinite wisdom) enabled without my consent.

If you have a problem posting your comment, just send it to me at frenchtouchimage@gmail.com.

I will be happy to post it for you and link back to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...