Thursday, May 22, 2014

Fleet Week in New York - Kiss a Sailor

It's the 27th annual Fleet Week in New York, and I'm dressed for the festivities. 

Fleet Week in New York




Our young men and women in uniform will fill the streets of Manhattan until Memorial Day on Monday.  Memorial Day signals the official start of summer vacations and long, lazy, days spent at the seaside.  But, Memorial Day means so much more.

As the child of a Naval Officer and the wife of a Vietnam era Army Veteran, I feel a special bond with the families of these extraordinary young men and women in uniform, some of whom may be called upon to give, in the words of Abraham Lincoln “…the last full measure of devotion…” to their country.

On this Memorial Day, I would like to give you a glimpse into the softer side of these brave warriors who serve and protect the most vulnerable among us.











Happy Memorial Day................May We Never Forget Those Who Serve and Protect !!

9 comments:

  1. Love the photos. I think cats can be as loyal as dogs and as affectionate in their own way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats are definitely affectionate, just ask my three, who could live on constant attention and pets. As for loyal........well, I suppose you saw the video of the cat (Tara) fighting off a big dog to protect her little boy? That's quite a cat!

      Delete
  2. Dearest Marie-Thérèse,
    What a lovely tribute to those that serve or have served!
    All the photos you used show so much compassion and love and some visible PROTECTION! It is a shame that the media in general is not honoring our vets the same way...
    Hugs and happy Memorial Weeend to both of you!
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mariette. The photos always make me smile when I look at them. Hope you had a terrific Memorial Day weekend.

      Hugs and Big, Big Bisous,
      M-T

      Delete
  3. what adorable photos of our servicemen + love those sneakers too. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute kitties, cute guys, cute sneakers. Love them all, too.

      xx, M-T

      Delete
  4. Wonderful pictures!! I am not getting your feed!! I'm going to try on Bloglovin...which I detest, but seems to work. I hope you had a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh no! Not getting my feed? So glad you signed up for Bloglovin -- silly name, but, yes, it works. Had a wonderful weekend and will be in touch in the next day or two.

      xoxo, M-T

      Delete

My dear Readers, I do so love reading your comments and appreciate the time you take to make them. To make it easier to leave your comments, I have disabled that annoying "Word Verification" setting, which Blogger (in its infinite wisdom) enabled without my consent.

If you have a problem posting your comment, just send it to me at frenchtouchimage@gmail.com.

I will be happy to post it for you and link back to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...