Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Something for the Girly-Girl and Geekette on Your List

It’s hard to believe, but Thanksgiving is next week (the 28th) and the mad holiday marathon begins the following day.   Americans refer to the day after Thanksgiving as “Black Friday.”  The color refers to what retailers hope will be the color of their bottom lines at the end of the day.  Kicking off the first official day of holiday shopping in the black (rather than in the red) is always a good omen. 


“Retailing Rage”
For shoppers like me, who prefer to avoid the savage shopping mobs, Black Friday is the day we hit the computers not the malls to begin our holiday shopping. 

I’ve already got a few ideas for the girly-girls and geekettes on my shopping list that I’d like to share with you. 



Isabel Marant H&M Collection

No doubt you are all aware by now that the much-ballyhooed and greatly anticipated Isabel Marant collection for H&M came and went in a flash.  The line sold out within hours leaving thousands of fans, who’d waited since spring to get their hands on an original Marant, with nothing to show for their patience.    What happened? 

Apparently, H&M underestimated the demand for the line; add to that a celebrity pre-launch sale, where the best pieces were snapped up, and a faulty website that kept crashing (Could these be the same guys who “designed” the Obamacare website?), and you have a recipe for disaster and disgruntled consumers. 
 
Photo courtesy of Sarasota Magazine

Not to worry, Ladies.  I've got a much better idea for the fashion-forward girly-girl on your list.  Like Isabel Marant, my stunning friend, Anne Touraine, is a designer from Paris.  Anne has an impeccable pedigree in fashion, having worked with some of the best, such as Dior. 

 
 

Ten years ago she brought her French flair for style, particularly the art of the scarf, to the US when she left Paris for sunny Florida.  Earlier this year, Anne launched her own line of luxurious silk scarves.  Quite frankly, Ladies, they are magnificent in every detail and, considering the exceptional quality, truly reasonable in price. 
 

www.annetouraine.com

And here’s the best part………..Anne is having her own private VIP sale during the month of December, and YOU are invited.  Just click HERE, and you, too, can feel like a celebrity – no crowds to fight, no balky website to deal with and in just a few clicks, you will come away with.....
 
 
Neiges de Russie (Russian snow) scarf: travelling in the steppes
An Anne Touraine gift box containing a gorgeous scarf and....
 

Anne will also include her famous Le Guide, which shows you how to wear a scarf like a parisienne.   You can be sure the fashion-forward girly-girl on your list will be beyond thrilled with this gift. 

In fact, I suggest you pick up a little something for yourself while you’re there.  After all, every woman has a little girly-girl inside her, n’est-ce pas?    

Now for the geekette on your list. 
 

 
How about a purse that’s fashionable and functional all in one?  Just slip your Smartphone into the special charging pocket of your Ever Purse, and your phone will always be ready whenever and wherever you are.  And….it comes in an array of colors and fabrics.  Here’s how it works: 
 
 



Pretty cool, don't you think?  O.K., so, that should be enough to get you started for now.  I've got some more ideas to pass along, but that's for next time. 



In the meantime, don’t forget that Beaujolais Nouveau arrives tomorrow, the 21st, and hits the United States le lendemain. 



Tchin tchin et à votre santé! 

6 comments:

  1. Dearest Marie-Thérèse,
    Oh my, scarves and coming complete with a gift box and the booklet about how to tie them! That is as smart as Hermès original concept of their booklet (that I still treasure!). Anne Touraine is a very smart lady for introducing it like that.
    Love that skirt from Isabel Marant; a tweed in a Spanish Flamenco style.
    Forbes had the bigger picture for better viewing. Love that dress too with its special sleeves... http://b-i.forbesimg.com/lydiadishman/files/2013/11/IsabelMarantMicrosite_2013_11.jpg
    Wishing you a happy weekend coming your way.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are soooo right, ma chère Mariette. There's nothing like a beautiful scarf to set a girly-girl's heart aflutter. Anne's scarves are to-die-for.

      Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

      Big bisous, M-T

      Delete
  2. Thank you, dearest M-T, for including ANNE TOURAINE Paris™ scarves on your Black Friday / Christmas list. All your readers and readers' friends are more than welcome to my Private Sales event. And as you said, this is so much easier and more comfortable than hitting the mall for the "Holiday marathon"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my pleasure entirely to feature your gorgeous scarves, ma chère amie. I want the world to know about them.

      Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

      Gros bisous, M-T

      Delete
  3. I love the look of Anne's scarves!! They are each so beautiful. I have one in mind for my daughter, who is just discovering the beauty of a "classic" scarf. The booklet on how to tie them will come in very handy for her. Perhaps I need one for myself as well. I haven't been inside an H&M since they first opened one near me, years ago. The music was so loud I left quickly, with a headache. Hopefully they've changed all that.
    Online shopping is the only way to go for me during these holidays!! Hope you are doing well my friend.
    xoJennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely pick up one of Anne's fabulous creations for yourself, as well as for your daughter. After all, you're definitely worth it. Remember that commercial? I do. Take that message to heart.

      I do agree with you about H&M; however, you can pick up some really cute, inexpensive, fun pieces there, provided you are willing to tune out the "din." Noise is the music of today's life for the 20-somethings and 30-somethings. I think they don't even notice the constant assault on their ears. I have some thoughts about online shopping, which I will address in my next post.

      xoxo, M-T

      Delete

My dear Readers, I do so love reading your comments and appreciate the time you take to make them. To make it easier to leave your comments, I have disabled that annoying "Word Verification" setting, which Blogger (in its infinite wisdom) enabled without my consent.

If you have a problem posting your comment, just send it to me at frenchtouchimage@gmail.com.

I will be happy to post it for you and link back to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...