Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Colors of Fall 2013 – Earth and Fire


For spring of 2013, the Color Gods at Pantone declared emerald green to be the “IT” color, and IT was all over the place (fashion runways, retail stores, living room walls, etc.).  As I said at the time, I have mixed feelings about the color emerald green. 

There’s no question that we redheads look smashing in green, to the point where it has become a bit of a color cliché for us, but it has to be the right shade of green, and with my ivory skin (warm), emerald green, with its signature blue tones (cool), just drains the color from my face. 

So, you can imagine my excitement when Pantone declared the “IT” color for fall 2013 to be…………


…………..THE COLORS OF AUTUMN.   Wahoo!!!!!   These are MY colors; so, let’s just say I’m in MY element – earth and fire. 

If you go to Pantone’s site, you’ll see some great croquis (designer sketches) of ensembles they sent down the runways in spring which feature the glorious earth and fire colors of fall. 

Here are a few of my favorites: 




Lichen Green - Pamella Roland

O.K., you knew my first choice had to be green, n’est-ce pas?  This deep lichen green, also known as moss, has just enough touch of yellow in it to bring out the warmth in my skin.  Just looking at it makes me feel all warm and cozy. 




Linden Green - Hervé Léger

Linden Green has even more yellow in it, hence even warmer, and Léger has cooled it down a bit by pairing it with a deep gray which Pantone calls Turbulence, an odd name for such a calm and cooling color, don’t you think?    

Now, let’s move into the blues and purples.  Ooooh!




Mikronos Blue - Kelly Wearstler

This heavenly shade of blue can really be worn by almost anyone, although it will be most flattering on warm skin tones, such as mine (Excuse me, Ladies, while I have a bit of a gloat here.  You winter gals will get your chance in a few months.)   



Acai – Nanette Lepore

This gorgeous, warm shade of purple, the traditional color of royalty, will make you feel regal even if your surname isn’t Middleton.  The great shoe in Vivacious (a deep carmine) adds a kick of cool to the whole look. 

And…..speaking of Vivacious, here it is………….



Vivacious - Tadashi Shoji

This deep carmine is a brighter version of last season’s Oxblood, which I also love. 

Feeling apprehensive about entering a room full of people you don’t know?   Won’t know what to say?  Make your entrance in this outfit and you won’t need to say a thing.  This color speaks for itself. 

And, of course, nothing beats a red dress. 
 

Samba – Rachel Roy
This drop-dead dress in fiery red is the ne plus ultra if you want to make a dramatic entrance in true diva fashion.  All I can say is……….GO FOR IT!

Do you see this HUGE smile on my face?  Guaranteed to last until the cold blast of winter colors wipes it away.     

8 comments:

  1. I am in "my element" when it comes to green since I am a redhead whopppeee xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh, I knew I liked you. I had no idea you were a redhead, too. How wonderful! How about a picture of you in color on your Blog? Would love it!!

      This is our season, my dear Peggy. Make the most of it.

      xoxo, M-T

      Delete
  2. Surprisingly it is still summer here in London however I can't wait to get into some of the new colours. I adore emerald green and am going to be daring and try some pinks this season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still pretty warm here, as well, although we're starting to get some cool evenings. Lovely!

      You should definitely do emerald green and pink (cool tones will probably work best for you). Take a walk on the wild side and try fuchsia or Vivacious.

      Cheers, M-T

      Delete
  3. Dearest Marie-Thérèse,
    Lovely colors and I wish I could do such croquis...!
    Green is a favorite color of mine and with my olive skin it works also very well.
    We're still having HOT weather but I don't mind as this is finally our summer with sunshine and blue skies!
    Hugs to you,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't the colors of Autumn gorgeous??? Oh, I am so hopelessly croquis-challenged myself. I can't even draw a straight line.

      I'm so happy you finally have some blue skies. Lovely!

      Big hugs, ma chère,
      M-T

      Delete
  4. I like the colours you featured, but not some of the others on the chart. I'm not one to like 'pondy' colours and prefer clear true colours although almost any blue or green are good with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, Gracie, I think your penchant for "clear true colours" could put you in another season entirely -- perhaps summer or winter? Would love to be able to do a complete color analysis for you.

      Cheers, M-T

      Delete

My dear Readers, I do so love reading your comments and appreciate the time you take to make them. To make it easier to leave your comments, I have disabled that annoying "Word Verification" setting, which Blogger (in its infinite wisdom) enabled without my consent.

If you have a problem posting your comment, just send it to me at frenchtouchimage@gmail.com.

I will be happy to post it for you and link back to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...