Thursday, July 4, 2013

From Poolside Casual to Clubhouse Chic


It’s late afternoon.  The kids left for summer camp this morning, and you’ve just settled in by the pool at your Country Club for some much needed “me” time.  You have everything you need – sunglasses (check); straw hat (check); Arizona cooler (check); the latest romance novel (check). 

Page 1, Chapter 1……….  You just get to the part where the heroine meets the man of her dreams.  He’s extremely rude to her at first (aren’t they always?); still, she can’t seem to get him out of her mind (can they ever?).  Suddenly, someone taps you on the shoulder.  It’s your friend, Caroline.  She sits down in the empty chair beside you.  “I’ve got someone I’d like you to meet,” she says with a grin.  Oh my, the siren call of those words is hard for any single woman to resist.  “Can you meet us in the Clubhouse at 5:00 for cocktails?  I hope you brought something fabulous to change into.”    

As luck would have it, you decided to throw a few extra things into your tote bag before you left the house, just in case something (someone?) interesting should turn up.  Call it feminine intuition.  Let’s see what you brought -- a great bathing suit cover-up (check); an elegant pair of sandals (check); rose gold earrings (check); statement bracelet (check); pink Ray-bans (check); a fashionable ivory turban for après-pool hair (check); a bright YSL lipstick to light up your smile (check); Hermès Eau d’Orange Verte (check).  Yes, I think you’re all set to make the transition from poolside casual to Clubhouse chic. 


Now, let’s just hope he’s worth it. 

  

Pool Casual to Clubhouse Chic

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour from Paris M-T. This wonderful post reminded me of a Coco Chanel quote (you may remember I ADORE Coco Chanel quotes :-)

    “I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny.”

    -- Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ma chère Véro, I am soooooo jealous that you are in Paris that I am positively "verte" (and not in a good "Eau d'Orange Verte" kind of way).

      I know how you ADORE Mademoiselle. Allow me to genuflect beside you to that fabulous "petit bout de femme" who changed women's fashions forever.

      Kiss Paris for me. See you next month.

      Big bisous, M-T

      Delete

My dear Readers, I do so love reading your comments and appreciate the time you take to make them. To make it easier to leave your comments, I have disabled that annoying "Word Verification" setting, which Blogger (in its infinite wisdom) enabled without my consent.

If you have a problem posting your comment, just send it to me at frenchtouchimage@gmail.com.

I will be happy to post it for you and link back to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...