Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Downloading Happiness???

I get lots of e-mails from people asking me to try their products or services and review them on my Blog. 

They always start out the same way.  “I just love your Blog (insert name of Blog here)…..”     
Last week, I was contacted by a site that promises to teach people how to be “happy” through a series of apps.  I’m not kidding!  Apparently, all you have to do is download an app and you, too, can say bye-bye to the blues and hello to a happier you. 

Can it really be that easy?  Can you just download happiness the way you download a recipe for lasagna?  Hmmm.  I wonder…..

Well, if that’s the case, here’s my contribution to the Happiness Recipe File. 
 

First, take equal parts of the following ingredients and mix together: 

1.     Someone to Love;

2.     Something to Do; and

3.     Something to Look Forward to.


 Then, add the following spices according to taste: 

1.     Something beautiful to see (a favorite painting above your reading chair); 

2.     Something beautiful to hear (a piece of music that moves and inspires you);

3.     Something beautiful to touch (a fluffy kitten);

4.     Something beautiful to smell (a scent that holds happy memories); and

5.     Something beautiful to taste (a glass of champagne)
  

Simmer gently for the rest of your life and enjoy. 

4 comments:

  1. J'aime bien ta recette du bonheur, M-T. Excellent... et très juste. Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Je suis ravie que tu apprécies ma recette.

      La poursuite du bonheur est un droit américain guaranti par nos pères fondateurs.

      A chacun son petit chemin de bonheur.

      Bizzzz, M-T

      Delete
  2. All so true and accessible to anyone with a curious mind and an adventurous spirit! Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My guess would be that you already possess that curious mind and adventurous spirit.

      Happy to provide a little reminder.

      Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please stop by again.

      Delete

My dear Readers, I do so love reading your comments and appreciate the time you take to make them. To make it easier to leave your comments, I have disabled that annoying "Word Verification" setting, which Blogger (in its infinite wisdom) enabled without my consent.

If you have a problem posting your comment, just send it to me at frenchtouchimage@gmail.com.

I will be happy to post it for you and link back to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...