They always start out the same way. “I just love your Blog (insert name of Blog here)…..”Last week, I was contacted by a site that promises to teach people how to be “happy” through a series of apps. I’m not kidding! Apparently, all you have to do is download an app and you, too, can say bye-bye to the blues and hello to a happier you.
Can it really be that easy? Can you just download happiness the way you download a recipe for lasagna? Hmmm. I wonder…..
Well, if that’s the case, here’s my contribution to the Happiness Recipe File.
First, take equal parts of the following ingredients and mix together:
1. Someone to Love;
2. Something to Do; and
3. Something to Look Forward to.
Then, add the following spices according to taste:
1. Something beautiful to see (a favorite painting above your reading chair);
2. Something beautiful to hear (a piece of music that moves and inspires you);
3. Something beautiful to touch (a fluffy kitten);
4. Something beautiful to smell (a scent that holds happy memories); and
5. Something beautiful to taste (a glass of champagne)
Simmer gently for the rest of your life and enjoy.