Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Time-Saving Beauty Products for the Busy Woman


In November of 1965, the longest-running (and still running) soap opera, Days of our Lives, aired its first episode.

And the opening lines that announced each show became the stuff of TV history:

“Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.”

Those words didn’t mean much to me then; at 13, my hourglass was top heavy with sand. Now that the reverse is true, I have become very protective of the remaining sands running through my hourglass and don’t want to waste even the tiniest grain.

Whenever possible, I want to do what I love with those whom I love and look my best while doing it. Is that too much to ask? I think not.

 
Of course, the hectic pace of modern life continues to work against my good intentions (no surprise there!), but I refuse to surrender.

So, I am always on the hunt for time-saving beauty products that work.

Here are two nifty products I ran across and couldn’t wait to share with you.

 
How about nail polish and remover in one, handy container?

Duality Nail Pak Nail Lacquer ($15), a mini-mani in a bottle, was invented by a busy mother of six little girls.

Just unscrew the bottom container, and you will find a tiny nail file and pads soaked with remover. In short, busy Ladies, it’s a mobile nail station that’s ready any time you are….the perfect traveling companion!

And, it comes in a great array of colors. Available from Duality Cosmetics

Here’s a brief tutorial from the creator, herself, Barbara Lampugnale:





This little item should be in every busy woman’s purse. It’s a lip balm and hand cream in one container, appropriately named……….Bébé Duette ($39.50) from Votre Vu.

The tube contains ultra-rich hand cream in almond, capped with a little pot of raspberry lip balm. And…….. there’s a tiny mirror in the flip top!! Génial!!

Learn a bit more about Votre Vu, Paris, France:




What about you?  Do you have some favorite, time-saving beauty products you'd like to share with the rest of us? No time like the present.......remember, Ladies, we're all in this together and the sands in the hourglass are running!

10 comments:

  1. Excellent post, and great recommendations, M-T. I am not really "brand-loyal" when my beauty regimen is concerned, with one exception. Best make up remover e-vah: Caudalie's Cleansing water. Takes everything off gently, in a single step. Amazing stuff! Français, bien sûr. :-) Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

    http://us.caudalie.com/products-best-sellers/solutions/cleansers-toners/cleansing-water.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great tip, Véro, on Caudalie. I will give it a try. I do love their products.

      Like you, I mix and match brands (high to low), depending on what works for me.

      I have some other finds for a future post.

      Gros bisous, M-T

      Delete
  2. Oh that little nail polish IS clever. I've been in the fashion and beauty industry for almost a decade but my one Holy Grail timesaver (and luggage saver)isn't even on the market. It's a trick I learned from a girlfriend at university who was an honest-to-goodness princess from Ghana. It's a dead simple homemade solid lotion of equal parts raw virgin coconut oil and raw shea butter, gently melted together, cooled to a solid and then slightly whipped for spreadability. It's an outstanding lip balm, frizz tamer, cuticle butter and all-over moisturizer. I still love the indulgent little vanities of pretty potions in their dainty packages, but as for something that works, the solid lotion is it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fabulous tip, Rhiannon. I can't wait to try it. Have you thought about producing and marketing it? Anything with shea butter is an absolute winner in my book. And it must smell divine with coconut oil in it. Yummm!

      In fact, I plan to do a post on double/mult-purpose beauty products. I would love to include this, giving you full credit and full marks.

      I will be stopping by your blog to get to know you better.

      Please drop by again, and many thanks for taking the time to comment.

      Best, M-T

      Delete
  3. Such great ideas - both time-saving and space saving. I think the idea of having lip balm with hand cream is just perfect for these chilly winter days in the UK!
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Miss B, so glad you liked my picks. They really time savers and space savers, as you so cleverly point out.

      Please visit again.

      Warm regards for a chilly UK winter from a snow-covered NJ town,

      M-T

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the tips M-T!
    Having a all in one beauty product is probably what many women are seeking for.
    Some years ago I was addicted to my Guerlain lipstick both for its color + the tiny mirror that was on top of it. They have changed their packaging... and I changed brand...
    Gros bisous à ma chère cop,
    Anne Touraine (Playing with Scarves)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci mille fois for your great comment, ma chère.

      Brand loyalty only works if the brand stays loyal to its customers needs and desires, n'est-ce pas?

      bssssssssssssss à ma chère cop, M-T

      Delete
  5. very nice beauty sharing such a lovely blog having Excellent content regarding skin issues find out more about obagi nu derm starter kit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comments about my blog and the tip and link.

      I'll check it out.

      Stop by again.

      Delete

My dear Readers, I do so love reading your comments and appreciate the time you take to make them. To make it easier to leave your comments, I have disabled that annoying "Word Verification" setting, which Blogger (in its infinite wisdom) enabled without my consent.

If you have a problem posting your comment, just send it to me at frenchtouchimage@gmail.com.

I will be happy to post it for you and link back to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...