Monday, November 19, 2012

Rockin’ the Curly Bob

In a recent post (“To Bob or Not to Bob – That Was the Question”), I gave a brief background on the classic Bob and included some examples of my favorites; however, my fellow blogger buddy, Cindy Swanson, popular radio personality, voice-over artist and all-around great gal, took me to task for not including any curly Bobs.

And so, Cindy, these Bobs are for you and all of us who want to rock a Bob as only we curly girls can.

 
Katherine Heigl’s blunt cut, short Bob makes the most of her soft, touchable curls.

She looks ever-so elegant and sexy.

What red-blooded man wouldn’t want to run his fingers through those golden curls?

 
Malin Akerman’s shoulder-length Bob, with subtle highlights, takes advantage of soft waves and curls.

This look is feminine and flattering, and if you don’t have naturally curly hair, you can achieve it with the strategic use of a curling iron.

BTW, ladies, don’t you just love her bright coral lips? Malin’s lips are not as full as Katherine’s (above), so she makes the most of them with a bright, translucent color. And that, Ladies, is a great lipstick trick.

 
Brittany Murphy’s shoulder-length Bob is all about the curl.

These beautiful, tousled curls look sooooo effortless and natural, as if all she did was toss her head and everything fell perfectly into place.

They create a soft frame around her adorable, heart-shaped face.

And just looking at that big, beautiful smile would brighten anyone’s day!


Oooh, this drop-dead cool, curly Bob is every inch the rocker chick.

This is messy chic at its messiest and sexiest.

Wow! All this babe needs is a microphone and a back-up group to rock your world.

 
Now this, Ladies, is a full-out, curly Bob. Isn’t it fabulous?

Can you look at this stunning young woman and honestly believe that blondes have more fun?

I think not.

But then, as a red-head, I might be just the teensiest bit prejudiced.

Or not……….

You be the judge.

8 comments:

  1. Yes, you are red-headed, my dear M-T, and we like you as you are; with curly hair, too :-) Now that I have met you in person and seen how spunky you are, I can certainly put a face - and personality! - behind the stories you write. Love bobs. Too bad my hairstylist cropped my hair too short before my NY trip last week... You would have liked me with a bob... Snif, snif! Veronique (French Girl in Seattle - still reporting from NYC for a few days :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, ma chère, I think you're beautiful. We can't always trust hairdressers to do exactly as we wish, but they can't change what makes us truly beautiful.

      We had such fun together that I can't wait until next time.

      Big bisous from the le Taureau and his Spunky Spouse.

      Delete
  2. Haha, M-T...thanks so much for this awesome response to my comment! :)

    As you know, like you I have naturally curly hair with which I have a love/hate relationship. My current hairstyle could be characterized as a medium-length bob. I alternate between wearing it curly and straight(er).

    Anyway, thanks for the curl love! :)

    Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have a bit of a love/hate relationship with our curls, but I have learned to love mine, as you know from previous posts.

      We curly girls have to stick together.

      Delete
  3. I love these curly bobs. Mine is poker straight and sadly got cut too short last month so I'm in the grow back phase!! It's still a bob, but too short :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The classic Bob is absolutely made for straight hair, Janice. Check out my previous post referenced above, or, if you really want to take advantage of your short locks, go Pixie....http://thefrenchtouch-m-t.blogspot.com/2012/10/short-and-chic-in-praise-of-pixie.html

      The grow-out phase always seems to last forever, especially that awkward bit. Great hair accessories (i.e., headbands, jeweled bobbi pins, etc.) can help and, when in doubt, add a pair of fabulous earrings that will draw attention to your face and not your hair.

      Good luck.

      Delete
  4. This is really chic to have for my freshly cut bob hair. Love the last photo. :) Got my eye on your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted you found me and that you took the time to post a comment. Merci beaucoup.

      I look forward to your next visit.

      Delete

My dear Readers, I do so love reading your comments and appreciate the time you take to make them. To make it easier to leave your comments, I have disabled that annoying "Word Verification" setting, which Blogger (in its infinite wisdom) enabled without my consent.

If you have a problem posting your comment, just send it to me at frenchtouchimage@gmail.com.

I will be happy to post it for you and link back to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...