Wednesday, October 31, 2012

L'Affaire Sandy


To those of you who sent your good wishes for my safety during Sandy, one of the worst hurricanes in my memory, I’d like to express my deep gratitude for your concern.

I am happy to report that the M-T household survived completely unscathed. We did spend three days without electricity, heat and running water, but as of 10 minutes ago, electricity has been restored and, although a bit exhausted from having to play 19th Century Pioneer Woman, I am delighted to be a 21st Century Blogger Babe once again.

During those dark hours, as I soldiered on wrapped in several layers of clothes trying to keep warm, my thoughts naturally turned to Item No. 3 on my “List of Wardrobe Basics” for the well-dressed Pioneer woman. Yes, I know, I know, even under the most trying of circumstances the Fashionista in me is never very far from the surface.

And so, I leave you with a few tempting tidbits for Item No. 3 -- The Tweed Jacket -- to whet your appetite while I recharge my blogger batteries in a lavender-scented bubble bath.

 I hope you enjoy my selections….


The Classic Tweed Jacket for Fall








Dsquared
thecorner.com



Vivienne westwood
viviennewestwood.co.uk



RED Valentino tweed jacket
$730 - harveynichols.com



Rebecca taylor
rebeccataylor.com



Armani Jeans tweed jacket
$365 - johnlewis.com



9 comments:

  1. Bonjour M-T. So happy you and your family are well and have not been impacted too harshly by Sandy. Losing power for a few days is a bit of a common occurrence here in the Pacific Northwest, or at least it used to be until we invested in a generator a few years ago. Seriously though, I am glad you are ok. Loved most of the items in your collection, but will it surprise you if I declare a strong liking for the Chanel Jacket? -- Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Véronique, I feel extremely lucky and blessed. Many of my friends in New Jersey and New York were not quite so lucky.

      We have some clean up to do over the next few days (downed branches and debris, etc.), but considering the force of the winds (90 m/p/h gusts), we lost no trees. Some still have their beautiful fall leaves.

      No, ma chère, it didn't surprise one little bit to see you head straight for the Chanel jacket. I would have done the same.

      Delete
  2. Coucou M-T,
    Good to read that you and your family are safe. I thought about you many times while watching the news. I hope you enjoyed your lavender-scented bubble bath while sipping a glass of magical bubble drink...
    I like very much your whole selection of jackets. Always phenomenal with a pair of jeans, high heels and a scarf. As Véronique arrived first and left with the adorable Chanel jacket - grrrrr... - I'll pick the Armani one if it's still available (Should look great with a black or dark grey skirt). If you could send it express mail... Thanks!!!
    Bonne journée et recharge bien tes batteries de blogueuse!
    Bizzzz,
    Ta cop de Floride :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coucou Anne,

      There's nothing like the restorative powers of great bubbles, whether in your bath or in your glass. A perfect pairing.

      Oooh, you were just a little too slow on the draw for that Chanel jacket. Véronique beat you to it. You know what they say, "Never get between a Frenchwoman and a Chanel jacket."

      The Armani jacket is a great alternative chioce.

      Maybe I'll have a word with my friend, Karl, to see if he might have a similar jacket lying around his atelier. If he does, it's yours!

      Mes batteries de blogueuse sont bien rechargées et je me sens tout à fait requinquée.

      En avant!

      Bizzzzz,
      Ta cop du NJ

      Delete
    2. Des nouvelles de Karl? Any little jacket (not too little though) he might have found in his atelier?
      Please let me know....
      Big bisous,
      Ta cop de FL

      Delete
    3. Karl sends his apologies. He's very busy, but will find you something super "chicissime" as soon as he has a free moment.

      C'est promis.

      Big bisous,
      Ta cop du NJ

      Delete
  3. Glad you are all ok and safe... and also that thoughts of fashion aren't far away... xv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice of you to stop by and check on me.

      I feel very lucky to have escaped from the fury of Sandy's temper.

      Others were not so lucky. Lower Manhattan and northern New Jersey have many days ahead of them which will be extremely trying and frustrating for all concerned.

      My thoughts and prayers are with them.

      Delete
  4. Love you M-T and Karld♥
    UPS or Fedex, both are fine :-)
    With MUCH love,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

My dear Readers, I do so love reading your comments and appreciate the time you take to make them. To make it easier to leave your comments, I have disabled that annoying "Word Verification" setting, which Blogger (in its infinite wisdom) enabled without my consent.

If you have a problem posting your comment, just send it to me at frenchtouchimage@gmail.com.

I will be happy to post it for you and link back to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...