Thursday, July 19, 2012

An Unexpected Award – How Delightful!!



First of all, I would like to thank the Academy  ……………just kidding!!!


But, I’m not kidding about how touched and honored I am to receive the Sunshine Award for “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” Ma chère Véronique of “A French Girl in Seattle” nominated me, and if you don’t know her Blog, you don’t know what you’re missing.


Whether you keep a packed bag at your door for impromptu getaways or are just an armchair traveler, “A French Girl in Seattle” will take you with her as she travels the world visiting friends, family and exotic places. The photos of her stunning Mother-in-Law, Mutti, alone are worth a visit to her Blog. Mutti is the perfectly put-together parisienne “of a certain age” from whom we could all learn a thing or two about style.


The Sunshine Award is really a Pay-It-Forward Award, as you will see.


Each recipient must do three things:


First, you must thank the person who sent it to you.


Grand merci Véronique. Coming from you, this means so very much.




Second, you must recognize 10 other Bloggers who deserve the Award and link back to their sites.


The following Blogs richly deserve the Sunshine Award, because they illustrate what I think a great Blog should be: equal parts Informational (I didn’t know that!), Inspirational (I love that!) and Aspirational (I want that!).


The Paris Apartment


A Femme d’Un Certain Age


Une femme d’un certain âge


Notes in the Key of Life


Element of [chic]


Playing with Scarves


La Brocanteuse


The Artful Lifestyle


My French Country Home


Bonjour Romance




Third, you must answer the following questions about yourself.


Favorite color? I love red. It projects strength, warmth, energy and confidence. And trust me, Ladies, when you walk into a room wearing a red dress, you get noticed. Every woman needs a little red in her life. I have at least 10 pair of red shoes, three red handbags, lots of red jewelry and scarves in all different shades of red.


Favorite animal? I am a BIG animal person, but I have a special affinity for cats. They are never truly domesticated, cannot be dominated, but will allow you to take care of them. How lucky for me! I also love how our eldest, Cecilia, can wrap my husband around her little paw with a look.


Favorite number? My favorite number is 3. The number 3 turns a flat, two-dimensional object into a three-dimensional shape, giving it weight and movement. Add a 3rd element, such as a scarf, to slacks and a top, and suddenly you have an outfit. And after all, where would the literary and cinematic world be without the love triangle and the ménage à trois?


Favorite drink? Champagne!!!! I drink it when I’m happy; I drink it when I’m sad; I drink it when I want to be happy. Oh, look………..I’m feeling happy!! Let’s celebrate!!


Facebook or Twitter? I shut down my Facebook account about six months ago. I found it to be a huge waste of time, and the constant format changes annoying. I do have a Twitter account, but I only tweet links to my blog posts. Do you really want to know what I had for breakfast this morning? I think not.


Your passion? I am passionate about Opera. On Saturday afternoons from September to May, you will probably find us in the Grand Tier of the Metropolitan Opera in New York. Some of our other favorite opera hangouts are the Bastille and Garnier in Paris and Covent Garden in London.


Giving or receiving presents? I know they say it’s better to give than receive, but let’s get real, Ladies. Who doesn’t love to get presents (or Awards?), particularly when they are unexpected and come in an orange box tied with brown ribbon??? My husband likes to give, and I like to receive….we’re the perfect couple.


Favorite day? My favorite day of the week is Sunday. If I’m in France, Sunday means long, leisurely lunches en famille, with fabulous food, lots of wine and cousin Gérard’s hilariously awful puns, which are impossible to translate to my poor husband. If I’m home in the States, I get up late, take a long, hot soak in the tub, catch up on my reading and have all afternoon to spend in the kitchen fussing over a special dinner. Whether here or there, Sunday means sharing special moments with those I love.


Favorite flower? I love yellow tea roses. I carried them on my wedding day.


Well, there you have it, dear Readers. Now, don’t forget to check out the Blogs on my Award list. You’ll be soooo glad you did.

12 comments:

  1. Felicitations once again, M-T. Very well deserved! Loved your answers to the "standard" questions. Maybe I should have been brave enough to answer them myself. Ha! :-) Thank you for the lovely message and vote of confidence. I have to tell Mutti she has turned into a celebrity of sorts on my blog!!! I'll be in touch while cruising the Pacific Northwest! Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am positively "verte" w/envy at your cruising the Pacific Northwest...although, sailboats are a great deal of work so I'm not sure how relaxing it will be for you. Nevertheless, I know you will have a wonderful time.

    BTW, did I mention that I love your new profile picture? Very fetching.

    As always, I look forward to your posts. Happy sailing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci beaucoup for putting me amongst such respected inspiring bloggers, I appreciate this award and shall do my bit soon.
    Love to you from Afrique du Sud.Colette x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You belong among the best, and I am delighted that you will be paying it forward.

      BTW, Colette is my middle name. She also happens to be one of my favorite writers. You are well named.

      Keep in touch.

      Love to you "aussi" from hot and muggy New Jersey

      Delete
  4. Merci mille fois!! I am honored you chose me!! I will have the post on Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not think of NOT including you. I get such joy from your delightful "croquis" that I had to honor your talent in some small way.

      You are most welcome.

      M-T

      Delete
  5. M-T, I clicked on your blog because of The Paris Apartment + Now I will sign up to receive. Greetings from S CA. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com PS Isn't blogging the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted to welcome you to The French Touch family. Claudia and I are old friends....well, actually, I'm old and she's young, but we are fellow Alums from Rosemont College many, many years apart.

      Do keep in touch.

      M-T

      Delete
  6. Merci beaucoup M-T. I am so happy to be in the company of so many lovely bloggers. Félicitations to you as well - great hearing your answers. I will post on this asap.
    Talk soon,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mimi. It's been sooooo long, but I do keep up with your gorgeous Blog. I just had to honor you in this small way.

      Looking forward to your answers.

      Warm wishes, M-T

      Delete
  7. Aw, my tres, tres chere M-T, thank you, thank you.

    You know I'm a huge fan of yours. You certainly deserve this award from the charming French Girl in Seattle.

    And, as Mimi pointed out, it's extremely flattering to be included in such an illustrious list.

    xo,
    Tish

    ReplyDelete
  8. No thanks necessary, ma chère; it's no less than you deserve. In fact, it's not nearly enough.

    Allow me to put in a shameless plug for the book you are currently writing, which will surely be an AMR (Absolute Must Read!!!) for all of us of "a certain age."

    xoxo, M-T

    ReplyDelete

My dear Readers, I do so love reading your comments and appreciate the time you take to make them. To make it easier to leave your comments, I have disabled that annoying "Word Verification" setting, which Blogger (in its infinite wisdom) enabled without my consent.

If you have a problem posting your comment, just send it to me at frenchtouchimage@gmail.com.

I will be happy to post it for you and link back to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...