Here's to Us!

Here's to Us!
M-T and Goddaughter, Maria Victoria

Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Fever – the Big Bang Theory

Mother Nature may still have a few wintry surprises up her sleeve before the month is out, but over the last week she has been serving up the sweet nectar of spring; and I, for one, have been savoring every sip.

As the earth starts to move and shift under our feet, ready to burst into new life, we feel its restlessness and begin to think about making changes in our lives.

This is the time of year when women young and old begin to ponder one of life’s great philosophical questions. “I wonder if I would look better with bangs?”






With visions of a sultry BB in black head scarf, cigarette dangling from pouty lips, dancing through our heads, we think, “God, what fabulous bangs. With those bangs, I could conquer the world!”










“Just think,” you say to yourself, “with great bangs I can pull my hair up, add an artfully-tied, decorative head scarf and sit at the terrasse of a café sipping espresso all afternoon looking so là là French, while I bask in the glow of admiring glances. And the best part is…..I’ll never have another bad hair day again….jamais de la vie!!

And so, still in the grip of our romantic fantasies, we run off to our hairdresser and utter the fateful words. “Antoine, give me bangs!”






The truth is bangs come in all different shapes, lengths and densities, and unless you are really specific about what you want, and you and Antoine are on the same page, the results could be a disaster….. a disaster you will have to live with for many months, which will feel like years, as your bad bang job grows out.








Salon Didact has a better idea. The next time you are in the 1er arrondissement of Paris, stop in at No. 2, Rue du Jour for your very own clippable bangs.

Stop by in the morning and choose from a variety of styles.

Then, while you are shopping or having lunch with a friend or significant other, your bangs will be dyed to match the color of your hair.

Come back in the afternoon and your clippable bangs will be ready for you.

Clip them on any time you feel the urge to be BB and take them off again when you grow weary of dodging the paparazzi.

I don’t know about you, but that’s a Big Bang Theory I can really wrap my head around.

4 comments:

  1. I have thought of doing a 'long bang' for a while now. As I approach a new decade, I am thinking more and more about my 'do'. But then I think, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

    So my mop stays as is. :)

    Thanks for addressing this, as it was quite timely for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how long it will take for American hair salons to offer "la même chose" in clippable bangs. Seems like a no brainer to me. Then, you could have your "gâteau" and eat it, too, "n'est-ce pas?"

      Delete
  2. Hi M-T! I went back and read your curly hair post, and saw that I had commented on it back then! I've never tried Deva products though...I will definitely have to check them out!

    Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy. I thought you'd get a kick out of seeing that you responded to my blog post. Has it really been that long? Time flies.

      Anyway, do, please, let me know how you like the Deva Curl products if and when you try them. Your hair salon may carry the line. If not, it's available on line. I would suggest the trial kit, which has a small bit of quite a few of their best products. It's also a great size for travelling.

      Let me know what you think and thanks again for stopping by.

      Delete

My dear Readers, I do so love reading your comments and appreciate the time you take to make them. To make it easier to leave your comments, I have disabled that annoying "Word Verification" setting, which Blogger (in its infinite wisdom) enabled without my consent.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...