Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pump Up the Volume of Your Style in a Neutral Pump

Ever since Kate walked down the airport steps at LAX last July in a fetching pair of pointed-toe neutral pumps, the fashion world has started singing the praises of this quiet classic, and, although they may be late to the party, I say come on in, boys and girls, and kick off your shoes; it’s time to pump up the volume and pay tribute to one of the most flattering shoes a woman can wear.

Why? Well……………..

First, the neutral color visually extends the line of your leg, particularly with a pointed toe (and who doesn’t want to lengthen the look of her legs??);

Second, the nude/neutral color adds a naughty element to this nicest of lady-like styles; and

Third, it goes with absolutely everything.

Need I say more?


Here are a few of my quick picks for this season.


The Buffy heel in beige from Coach ($198) illustrates why the neutral pump is always in the running for Best Supporting Actress in any woman’s wardrobe.

Slip your tootsies into this stunning little number with its stacked leather platform and stiletto heel and you are instantly the Star of any show.

And that little stud detail on the heel gives it an unexpectedly sexy edge. This shoe is guaranteed to bring strong men to their knees with every step you take.


This crisscrossed peep toe pump, the Sashay, from Stuart Weitzman ($298) will add an oh-so-lady-like touch to any outfit you wear from skinny jeans to pencil skirt to your sexiest LBD.

And a dab of flame red on the toes will add a dash of movie star vixen to this flirty and feminine shoe.


Thinking of investing some of your capital in gold? At $50, this gold Anne Klein Pinchins pump won’t put even the smallest dent in your net worth, although the snakeskin texture will have everyone convinced it did.

The moderate heel height and cushioned foot-bed will have you running from high-powered meeting to high-powered meeting in total comfort.

And, do you remember that I said bows are really hot for fall?


Nine West’s Flax shoe ($60) comes in a variety of colors, but this deep honey is a real honey of a color in my book,

This sophisticated shoe is an inexpensive example of the classic pointed toe pump that you will wear for years to come, because no matter what you are wearing with it, it always looks so right.



If after all this you find you still need a little color in your fall shoe wardrobe, I totally understand.

May I recommend RSVP’s Rossana ($49) in burgundy (this season’s hot color!) patent?

This should be enough to punch up anything you can throw at it.

Think of it as a fall neutral and you can’t go wrong.


Now, aren’t you ready to pump up the volume of your style this fall with a great neutral pump? I know I am; in fact, I think I feel the urge for a power walk coming on…………I’ll have to get back to you on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear Readers, I do so love reading your comments and appreciate the time you take to make them. To make it easier to leave your comments, I have disabled that annoying "Word Verification" setting, which Blogger (in its infinite wisdom) enabled without my consent.

If you have a problem posting your comment, just send it to me at frenchtouchimage@gmail.com.

I will be happy to post it for you and link back to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...